How to Apply for Housing

Applying for Social Housing

Cill Dara Housing Association does not maintain its own waiting list. We receive all nominations for vacant properties from Kildare County Council’s housing department.

In order to be eligible for housing with us, you must apply and be accepted onto Kildare County Council’s waiting list. When applying for housing tell them that you would be interested in a Approved Housing Body (AHB)  tenancy.

To find out more about the application process please contact them directly.

Once the local authority’s housing department provides Cill Dara Housing Association with a nomination for a vacant home, a Cill Dara Housing Association Housing Officer will contact the nominated applicant/s.

Please click here for more information on housing in Ireland from Citizens Information

Click Here

Can I transfer to another property?

While you are a Cill Dara Housing Association tenant you are not eligible to be on the Local Authority waiting list. This is because you are considered to be adequately housed and therefore not in housing need.

You can, however, apply to your Local Authority for a transfer. Please contact your Housing Officer for more information.